I’ve got an exciting bunch of events that I’ll be either speaking or attending. Here’s your chance to join me on my fun learning adventures!
- June 25-27 Massachusetts Digital Publication Collaborative, Burlington, MA (FREE) - I’ll be talking about iPads in Elementary Schools, Creative Commons, and facilitating a collaborative group.
- June 28 Peers Forum Summer Institute, Belmont, MA ($20) – I’ll be talking about using creative iPad apps to give elementary school students better ways of sharing their learning than boring reports (bonus: half day scheduled sessions, half day unconference format!)
- July 9-13 Critical Skills Institute level 1, Keene, NH ($750) – I’m here to learn all about the Critical Skills program. I’m pretty excited.
- Tuesdays in July and August – Edcamp Tuesdays, Burlington, MA (FREE) – Once again Burlington is offering mini-Edcamps every Tuesday all summer. I anticipate being at the ones on July 17, July 31, August 14, and August 21.
- August 5-9 MTA Summer Conference, Williams, MA ($variable) – I’ll be running an all-day unconference on Tuesday! Other than that, I’ve got a boatload of learning on my agenda.
- August 10 Edcamp Connecticut, Simsbury, CT (FREE) – We love Edcamps in New England!
- August 15 Edcamp New Hampshire, Concord, NH (FREE) – Did I mention that we love Edcamps in New England?
Finally, the end of August begins my first Master’s level class that I’ll be teaching. As a part of Antioch University New England’s Next Generation Learning with Educational Technology
concentration, I’ll be facilitating an online course called Powerful Learning Designs for the 21st Century Learner. It might be something you’d be interested in. If not, there’s an embarrassment of riches in the faculty members teaching courses in this concentration. you may not care about learning from me, but you’d probably benefit a ton from Gary Stager
, Zac Chase
, Cathy Brophy
, and Cathy Higgins
. There’s more information available here
, and I’m pretty sure if you ask nicely, they’ll still take applicants for the class or program. Warning: I’ve never taught a master’s level course nor an online course, so this might end up being an exercise in spectacular failure.
But I don’t think it will be, and it might end up being an exercise in amazing awesomeness
. Let’s face it, there’s only one way to really find out for yourself.
Thinking ahead to an upcoming project* on this one. Enjoy some Star Wars.
Click for Full Size image
Register today for the Massachusetts Teachers Association Unconference. It’s part of the annual Summer Conference in Williamstown. Full issue of MTA Today here.
I’m pretty excited to announce that I’m going to have two photographs hanging in an art show this coming weekend! From 1-7Pm on Sunday, April 22, you’ll be able to see the two pieces below hanging at the Arlington Center for the Arts for the duration of the A-Town Jazz’n Art Festival.
Arlington Town Night, 2011
Digital Citizens, 2012