- Blue Beetle #26 – A nearly all Spanish issue, and a delightful story that I (mostly) was able to understand
- DCU #0 – a decent introduction to the DC universe as of RIGHT NOW before things go crazy in Final Crisis
- Immortal Iron Fist #14 – if they ever get around to making that Iron Fist movie, it should be just like this.
- New Avengers #40 – Rewind to past events we glimpsed or had some ideas about from before and get a clearer picture of how the Secret Invasion started
- Thor Ages of Thunder – this book was beautiful and touched my mythology nerd core in all the right places
- American Way – I bought this trade at New York Comic Con for cheap based on vaguely remembering some internet recommendations, and I was not disappointed. It’s a real world approach to superheroes, placing them in the midst of the civil rights upheavals of the sixties.
- Iron Man: Demon in a Bottle – I was at Borders and saw a copy of this opened on the shelf, so I took the opportunity to sit down and read it before the movie came out this week. It’s a 30 year old story, and it’s great. It was also pretty shocking at one point.
- How I Met Your Mother – some decent fallout from last week which could lead to some shift in the characters
- House – Nice joke played on the peons this week.
- Iron Man – Awesome. Great summer popcorn flick.
- Just Cause – I wrapped this game up. It was actually a pretty cool ending that made use of the stunt system nicely. As I said before, a decent enough $15 game, but not much more than that. Clocked time, 25 hours or so, but you could do all of the story missions in under 5 hours easily if you don’t run around liberating villages, finding collectibles, and doing sidemissions.
- Mario Kart Wii – I’m really liking this so far. Beth also enjoys it. She plays with the steering wheel, while I prefer the wiimote + nunchuck.